Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Fearless

Now, I realize this is my blog about my adventures with running. But I'm going to go off on a slight tangent with this one.

I was realizing yesterday that skiing is literally the one and only place where I am TOTALLY fearless. And running is one of the places I am most afraid. I literally flew straight down the mountain, over and over. It was SO unlike me.

I woke up yesterday morning all packed and ready for my day trip with my brother, and the first thing I did was take my temperature. I didn't do that to figure out of I should go or not; I KNEW I was going under any circumstances. I took it out of curiosity. Sure, I had a very slightly raised temp (99.1), but it wasn't enough to keep me from going. My asthma was nagging. My shins were taped to be sure I wouldn't aggravate my shin splints. I was ready to go. Fearless.

I realized today that I come up with a lot of excuses why I can't or shouldn't run on any given day. Weird, I know...because I talk about how much I love running. I do love running...but it scares me. How do I bring the fearlessness I feel when skiing to my running? How do I channel that inner confidence that I am good at running, and that I will be successful, like I felt flying down that mountain?

I had absolutely NO fears yesterday of getting hurt. I knew I'd be fine. I want that fearlessness to spread through my life, in every area: running, work, relationships...life.

1 comment:

  1. Keep doing what you are doing and the fearlessness will permeate throughout your life! Btw, it is Marie. My Blog is We're Losing It! Looking forward to reading more of your musings!

    ReplyDelete