Thursday, July 14, 2011

Some days are better than others

Today has been an especially frustrating day. Not only am I having car issues (again), but right when I found a way to get there, I can't go with friends to the Concert in the Park tonight because the closest we could park would include a total of about a mile-long walk. I'm trying REALLY hard to stick to what my PT said I can and can't do until this muscle heals, but its just frustrating that it is SO limiting. What's even worse is that I agree to do things with friends because I get excited about them, and then suddenly realize that I can't go because of these leg issues and have to bail at the last minute. Anyone that knows me knows how much it bothers me when people bail on me; I feel twice as bad when I do it to someone else.

Luckily, I have friends and family that understand the struggles I'm going through right now and know that I'm not bailing because I'd rather be doing something else. Trust me, I've had enough of sitting at home watching First 48 and counting calories.

I walked on the treadmill today so that I could charge my ipod (of COURSE it was dead when I got to the gym), but quit as soon as I felt a tightness in my leg (usually comes before the pain)...which added up to less than 6 minutes. I'm seeing the PT again on the 26th, so I'm hoping we'll add to what I can do at that point.

Thanks for all the support...this WILL eventually get better!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like really awful injury! I'm so sorry! Hopefully it will heal soon!

    ReplyDelete