Sunday, April 3, 2011

THINK POSITIVE.

Being on crutches has given me a lot of insight into my life and the way I see things. In the last few days, I have had the chance to really take a look at how I view and respond to things. I am a firm believer that I am the driver of my life. I determine whether or not it is going to be a good day or a bad day, simply based on how I react to the situations that arise that day. If something less than stellar happens, I have two choices: I can get upset, or I can force myself to see the good in the situation. By looking for the good, I am able to keep myself on the road to meeting my goals...no matter what happens.

Most of this insight came to me today when I left my Weight Watchers meeting. I decided to go back to Weight Watchers because I knew I was going to need some serious accountability. I wanted to make sure that I was doing everything possible to keep making progress towards my goals, and being forced to weigh in once a week was just the kick in the pants that I needed. In the last week, I have lost 2..2 lbs! I was only hoping to maintain; apparently carrying myself around all day is a serious workout!

Although the situation I have put myself in is less than ideal, I can do things NOW to make it better. I can choose to not be stubborn and USE my crutches at all times (keep in mind, I've been walking around on this injury for 3 months, so the use of crutches has to be a conscious decision. Yes, there is pain when I walk, but it alone is not enough to keep me from doing it when I get frustrated) so that I am not right back where I started. I have plans for 3 more races in the future, and I want to be sure I can do them!

MRI results should come back this week...I'll keep you all posted. Until then, THINK POSITIVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment