Thursday, April 28, 2011

Good News!

Time for another update.

I got some great news today from the Physical Therapist! She said that I can do a slow, short jog as soon as I can go all day without the boot. For now, I have to start weaning myself off the boot. I am to start with 2-3 hours on, 2-3 hours off for a few days, and then gradually increase the off time. I can't wait to get back to running!!

The PT said that she thinks the main issue with my legs is that I have very little hip strength and flexibility. She said my body has basically been compensating for that with other muscles/bones. She gave me 6 exercises to start with that I have to do daily to work on that, and then when I see her a month from now, we'll start working on the actual shin problems. She said after feeling my bones that she thinks the actual fracture is on its way out, and we're dealing with severe shin splints at this point.

It was nice to get good news...I needed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment