Thursday, August 11, 2011

"Return to Running"

Today was a really great day.

First, I'm back at work. I love my job, and I love being in my classroom...I can't wait for Monday!

Second, I had physical therapy, and FINALLY got GOOD NEWS!!! I'll give the best part first, so that if you don't want to keep reading, you don't need to. Before I left, Kaia gave me a "Return to Running" plan. Yay! Now for the details...

To start off, I am now supposed to add 10 minutes of walking on the treadmill to my daily workouts. I need to do this on the treadmill so that I can stop if I have sudden pain and won't be stuck somewhere! After a week or so of these walks, I can start adding a 30 second jog into my walk. If the jog can be completed with no pain, I can do intervals of walking a few minutes, and jogging 30 seconds. However, I have to keep these short walk/jogs to no more than ten minutes, just to be safe.

I am beyond excited.

I want to take the chance right now to say thank you to everyone who has supported me throughout this LONG journey. Your workouts (Casey), your daily support (Vickie), and your encouraging words and questions (Club One-ers, Brian, Parisa, Chuck, Laurelwood staff, and many others!). This has definitely been one of the most challenging years of my life, but I have still made progress because of all of you. I am really looking forward to getting back to running, whether it be next month or ten years from now. All of you have kept me on that path when I so easily could have gone another way. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment