Monday, March 7, 2011

2 Parts

I'm going to break the rules here and write a two-part entry. Two totally unrelated ideas in one blog.

Part 1: Get a buddy!
After talking to one of my closest friends tonight about weight loss, it occurred to me just how vital she has been in my weight loss efforts. I've lost around 40 lbs, and I have to credit my progress in large part to her (read her blog at www.vickiejoan.blogspot.com). Now don't get the idea that we constantly discuss exercise, food, and weight loss. We do talk about it a lot, but certainly not constantly. Vickie and I work together and spend a large amount of our free time together. Just being around her and seeing the healthy choices she makes motivates me to make healthy choices too. Vickie is currently at my goal weight; seeing what that looks like and the dedication it takes helps me to stay motivated to create a healthy lifestyle. Last year, Vickie even ran a half marathon with me as well as many other races (even though she doesn't really like running) just so that I could stay motivated and meet my goals!

All of that being said, get a buddy! It really is vital in the process.

Part 2: Running
On Saturday, I ran 6 miles for the first time since January. I was SO elated. I taped up my shins, took my inhaler, and set off on the Campbell park trail. I finally got that "I love running" feeling back. After my run, the endorphins were kickin' and I was planning out how I was going to jump back into the half marathon training plan. It was quite a successful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Great blog Katy Cas! What a fun way to keep everyone updated on your progress. Keep the exciting posts coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, a buddy has been the key to success for me! Someone to inspire and motivate. You and Vicki are too cute together!
    40 pounds is awesome! Keep up the great work!
    I am so impressed that you can run 6 miles.
    YOU GO GIRL!
    YOU CAN DO IT!
    JUST ONE MORE DAY!
    NEVER GIVE UP!
    Always,
    Mer

    ReplyDelete